[GRASS-dev] i.segment at Community Sprint

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:12:22 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Pierre Roudier
<pierre.roudier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Markus and Eric,
>
> I have similar feedback when testing on various SPOT5 scenes. XL results are
> not entirely identical of course, but reasonably similar, so I support
> Markus' decision.

I can make the results more similar, but one reason why results are
different between i.segment and i.segment.xl is that I had the
impression that i.segment is doing over-segmentation, i.e. merging too
liberally with the effect that some segments (objects), in particular
large segments, were more heterogeneous than justified by the given
merging threshold. With i.segment.xl, I tried to get results that are
very similar to the eCognition results.

Markus M