[GRASS-dev] Single big window for GRASS7

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:56:17 PST 2013

Hi,

I had developed Catalog in 2010 before grass7 and updated it for grass 6.4,
6.5 & to 7. But since there is no much interest and another problem is
wxpython. Other developers needs to keep MapFrame as wx.Frame and I
completely support their decision. But wxPython doesnt allow to embed
wx.Frame inside antoher wx.Frame.

To have a single display wx.Frame should be changed to wx.Panel. But the
detached window will not be possible and there are issues with status bar
and stuff.

If there is an option in wx.Frame inside wx.Frame I would love to work on
DataCatalog.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM, SWAPAN GHOSH <swap.ghsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Rashad,
>
>  I see your link and understand that core committe is very much interested
> for multiple window. But I can't understand why, where many big application
> like Microsoft Visual studio, Microsoft Word , ArcGIS...etc likes SDI.
> Actually, SDI is more user friendlly, every body accept it. So why

you mean MDI right?
see this thread -
http://wxpython-users.1045709.n5.nabble.com/wxPython-MDI-is-obsolete-td2281512.html

--