[GRASS-dev] Ignored enhancements

Seth Price seth at pricepages.org
Tue Feb 12 06:52:51 PST 2013

It's been a while, but I think one motivating factor is the limiting GPU RAM. If we can't fit everything on the GPU, then it needs to be tiled. The only way to accurately tile is to make each tile independent of its surroundings. This can be done arbitrarily small with pre computed horizons.

I think the other reason is the whole pre computation (but only once) thing you mention.

I don't think it bothers me too much at the moment what you decide to do with it, but the shadowing & tiling code becomes more complicated to compensate.
~Seth

via iPhone