[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1758: Disabling python support does not prevent entry into python directories during build

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Feb 18 01:09:55 PST 2013

#1758: Disabling python support does not prevent entry into python directories
during build
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  brook      |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect     |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Compiling  |     Version:  6.4.2
Resolution:             |    Keywords:  python, wxgui
  Platform:  All        |         Cpu:  Unspecified
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Changes (by hamish):

  * keywords:  => python, wxgui
  * priority:  critical => major
  * component:  Python => Compiling

Comment:

 [trac is logging me out every 5 minutes.. arrgh]

 I just tried rebuilding on the old machine --with-python and --without-
 wxwidgets in comment:5, it was ok.

 Building with 'make -j 5' I did get an error logged in the gui/wxpython/
 dir, but cd'ing to it and running make again was successful, so I suspect
 that some Makefile order-of-build dependency issue still exists, but
 overall it's happy.

 Is the goal to build on a system without any python on it, to build on a
 system without wxWidgets on it, or to just not build the wxGUI?

 If it's just to avoid building with the wxGUI it's not really a problem,
 since most of it is not really built, just copied in place and then left
 unused.

 > As a result, this option results in a failed build.

 what was the error?

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1758#comment:6>