[GRASS-dev] On i.histo.match (Re: On (Landsat) imagery naming patterns)

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Feb 20 06:27:05 PST 2013

On Wednesday 20 of February 2013 13:31:07 Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> Greetings to the dev-list.

> I successfully tested <i.histo.match>, by feeding it with 12 Landsat scenes
> (working on identical bands, different Path/Row tiles) in one go.  It works
> and I really enjoy it.

Could it be that histo-matching works nicely only on 0-255 ranges but doesn't
play nice in ranges 0-1.0? Integers only?

For example, when feeding images ranging from 0-1.0 (all Landsat bands 3) with
the optional parameter "max=1", many of the histo-matched images are "flatten"
to 1.

I will try to "recode" 0-1.0 images to 0-255 and repeat the histo-matching
process.

Best, Nikos