[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1606: WXGUI regression - attribute query tool reports "nothing found" when clicking on a vector object

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 22 00:35:20 PST 2013

#1606: WXGUI regression - attribute query tool reports "nothing found" when
clicking on a vector object
  Reporter:  marisn       |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  wxGUI        |     Version:  6.4.3 RCs
Resolution:               |    Keywords:  query
  Platform:  Unspecified  |         Cpu:  Unspecified

Comment(by marisn):

 Replying to [comment:9 annakrat]:
 > The problem is that one layer is connected to database and one is not.
 So we can test if this situation happens and then redirect the v.what
 output to the gui command console instead of showing the vector feature
 attribute dialog (the same as when you query more vector maps at once).
 There is no consistent behaviour at all but at least you don't loose any
 data.

 > Or we can backport new querying from grass 7 (with the new dialog) which
 should work more consistently. This is maybe too much new but it was
 tested on all platforms successfully.

 > Anna

 I would vote for redirecting plain, old v.what output. It's better to have
 all data than consistent way. I would also say -1 for backporting, as
 GRASS 7 differs from 6 and thus some rarely used combination might crop up
 just after release as there might be not enough time to test all aspects
 (like d.vect default layer option). Let's better work on 7.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1606#comment:10>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>