[GRASS-dev] Grass7 GUI compilation failed

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 04:07:27 PST 2013

yes. g.gui works which confirms that python path is set somewhere in grass
startup script
Also configure can check for PYTHONPATH and then updates or sets the
wxPython path. I think this can be achieved using a simple sed/cut command
to check wx-VER-gtk2-unicode in dist-packages. The same PYTHONPATH settings
can saved for running grass modules too

or Alternatively instead of touching PYTHONPATH we could stick to
GRASS_PYTHONPATH and do the same. It better not to depend on PYTHONPATH to
take care of wxPython dist-packages dir
Because I think that may cause trouble in future. Lets have a method to
detect and set wxPython packages path.

I can provide a patch if everyone agrees it a better idea.

BTW, Anyone experiencing problem in other linux distros as well

--
Regards,
   Rashad