[GRASS-dev] g.extension not working on debian - grass 6.4.3svn

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 07:14:32 PST 2013

It's still me, and I didn't solve it yet. I have some update about my
trials though.
First of all, I thought to check the permission of the .svn folder, because
I am on a Red Hat and I don't have root permission. .svn folder was owned
in fact by root. This behavior looked strange to me, not being I a
subversion guru, but I've found some possible explanation here [1].
Particularly, "when Subversion is accessing the repository directly off the
file system, it uses your file system permissions to access the repository.
". Well, at least i realized that when i checkout, i should svn co
--username madi
Then I recompiled, making sure to address the binaries under the
/home/somethingelse/bin folder and not under /usr/local, which i don't own.
OK, last step,

GRASS 6.4.3svn (Europe):~ > g.extension r.stream.extract

Fetching <r.stream.extract> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
svn: Can't change perms of file 'r.stream.extract/.svn/entries': Permission
denied
ERROR: GRASS Add-on r.stream.extract not found in repository or no network
       connection or another problem

what I think is that the problem of g.extension in my case could be that i
cannot add --username madi to the automatic svn co done by g.extension,
hence i download r.stream.extract as root and of course i can't write it
(compile) as madi afterwards.

Does my speculation make any sense to you?

Thanks,

madi

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/405690/in-subversion-can-i-be-a-user-other-than-my-login-name

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Margherita Di Leo <dileomargherita at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having issues in using g.extension and before filing a bug report I
> should like to know whether am I not seeing anything obviously wrong from
> my side.

> make: *** [cmd] Error 2
> ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.
>

> --
Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.