[GRASS-dev] Parallel computing for r.sun

Ruzicka Jan jan.ruzicka at vsb.cz
Tue Jan 29 05:05:28 PST 2013

Dear developers,

We are planning to rewrite the module r.sun for parallel computation and would like to ask you, which platform is more desired by the GRASS community. To our understanding there are two main ways of development. Either we design it for multi-core desktop systems that use shared memory (for example with use of OpenMP) or create module for large clusters with use of MPI library.

Which way do you think would benefit GRASS more?

Best regards

Jan Ruzicka