[GRASS-dev] Example python script

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:48:43 PST 2013

Does anybody has an example grass python script that deals with multiple
layer input? For example with the input option below with #% multiple
set to yes, I would like to create multiple variables, one for each map.

#%option
#% key: input
#% type: string
#% gisprompt: old,cell,raster
#% required: yes
#% multiple: yes
#%end

I am completely new to python, and besides python scripting tutorials
and text books, for me using examples is a great way to accelerate the
learning process. I have looked into the addon repository and scripts in
the GRASS 7 SVN, but haven't found what I was looking for.

More in general, does anybody have (simple) shell scripts that have now
been converted in python scripts? I thought I had seen a page on the
grass wiki where code snippets in shell and python were compared, but I
can't find it.

Cheers,

Paulo