[GRASS-dev] Make grass 7 installable with brew on Mac?

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Tue Jul 2 02:27:46 PDT 2013

Hi

I just recently migrated to a Mac with OS X, and one think I am really
missing is the package management. Therefore, I am now using
homebrew [1] which works nicely - only that the recipe for installing
grass from head does not work [2]. I would think that homebrew would be
a nice addition to the ways of installing on OS X and it would make
using GRASS much easied (all dependencies have a installation recipe, R
has one as well, installation of rgdal is painless (from source)).

According to adamv [3] the problem is the following:
,----
| Looking at the source to the new version, it still tries to install
| files into /Library, but it now does it in a separate OS X specific
| Makefile.
`----
Is there any chance that somebody with a mac at hand and interest could
take a look at this? It sounds like an easy to solve problem (the
homebrew recipes are ruby), but I don't know anything about ruby.

Thanks a lot,

Rainer

Footnotes:
[1]  http://mxcl.github.io/homebrew/