[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.3 release planning

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 11:57:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> regarding the r.mapcalc issue in command console on wingrass -
> (sorry I did not make it clear it was for wingrass - it always worked well
> on Mac and linux)
>
> It is not critical, windows users can still use the mapcalculator GUI
> where it runs OK,
> but the r.mapcalc in the command console still does not seem to work -
> tried by a student
> using June 26 snapshot this is what she says:
>
> Here are examples of the commands run and the errors received:
> r.mapcalc urban2_30m=if(landuse96_28m==1 ||
> landuse96_28m==2,landuse96_28m,null())
> syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ')'
> Parse error
> 'landuse96_28m' is not recognized as an internal or external
> command,
> operable program or batch file.
>
> r.mapcalc MASK=if((elevation<100 && elevation>60) && (landuse96_28m==1 ||
> landuse96_28m==2),1,null())
> 1 was unexpected at this time.
>
> This is the same we were getting in GRASS6.4.3RC2 and apparently the
> proposed solutions did not work
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-February/062047.html
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-March/062607.html

I had the opportunity to test Glynn's patch (the second link above) on
Windows and it seems to solve the problems. From the discussion I can see
that Markus already tested it but he was not successful, so I applied the
patch to 6.5 first.
All the commands causing problems are now working with both (", ') quotes
and without, only the command with || requires quotes.

Anna