[GRASS-dev] Temporal GIS Algebra Update

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 5 09:47:24 PDT 2013

Dear all,
i have updated the temporal GIS algebra description in the trac wiki:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/TemporalGISAlgebra

The update reflects weeks of discussion (including headache and twisted
brains) with Thomas to create a working and usable temporal GIS algebra. We
have introduced new spatio-temporal operators that allow an implicit time
reference functionality.

I hope the update makes our approach and the goal of the temporal GIS
algebra a bit clearer. In addition several examples are added for better
understanding.

We would like to thank Edzer Pebesma and his research team from the
Institute for Geoinformatics at the University of Münster in Germany for
the very inspiring discussion and feedback about the temporal GIS algebra
presentation that we made there. The idea of spatio-temporal operators was
one result of our discussion in Münster. :)

Best regards
Soeren