[GRASS-dev] Compiling grass7_trunk in Funtoo

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Jul 7 04:29:56 PDT 2013

Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> >The first error is:
> > --%<---
> > [..]
> > /bin/sh: ./ctypesgen.py: Permission denied
> > make[1]: *** [OBJ.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/date.py] Error 126
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/osgeo/src/grass7_trunk/lib/python/ctypes'
> > make: *** [default] Error 2
> > --->%--

> > More upon this -- The partition I am running all this is mounted as
> > /dev/sda5	/osgeo          ext4            auto,rw,exec,user 0 2

> I used
> --%<---
> cat /etc/fstab | grep osgeo
>
> /dev/sda5               /osgeo          ext4            auto,rw,exec,user 0
> 2 --->%--

> But it goes like
> --%<---
> mount | grep sda5
>
> /dev/sda5    on  /osgeo                     type  ext4
> (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,commit=0)
> --->%--

> Heh?  Is the "user" option wrong?

cat /etc/fstab | grep osgeo
/dev/sda5               /osgeo          ext4            defaults,rw,exec
0 2
nik at localhost /osgeo/src/grass7_trunk $ mount | grep sda5
/dev/sda5    on  /osgeo                     type  ext4        (rw,commit=0)

That fixed all errors :-)

I guess I need to read what the consequences of auto and/or user options are
in fstab...

Nikos