[GRASS-dev] grass and planetary science

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 13 15:52:50 PDT 2013

Yann wrote:

> GRASS 7 now automatically recognizes ISIS installation and sets its
> running mode to ISIS-GRASS... Thanks to Vaclav, Martin and MarkusN !
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Planetary_mapping#GIS_Support

I am not sure that the startup script should, by default, change e.g. the
GRASS banner logo depending on what else is running. To play devil's
advocate, should the same be done for R or QGIS, SEXTANTE, OSSIM, or ...
running in the background too? What if multiple are running?

I would think it better to need a new CLI flag for that, for example:
 grass7 --isis
to trigger the tests + integration.

Also, could you put links in the grass wiki page to ISIS3 the homepage
(currently the USGS site seems offline?), and to the GRASS-ISIS bridge?

thanks,
Hamish

ps- I'd vote for the original less-bright text :)