[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] grass-addons repository

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 04:11:51 PDT 2013

(changing lists from ubuntu at lists.osgeo.org and
grass-user at lists.osgeo.org to grass-dev)

On 14 July 2013 17:36, Rashad M <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had added grass-addons repository on launchpad[1].

Hi, I wonder what is the right way to addons to the GRASS installation
and how then handle this in GRASS. If addons are handled by the
packaging system there is no point to handle these addons by
g.extension (this is how it works now if I understood correctly).
However, in this case addons are not listed in the Addons entry in the
Module tree in the Search modules tab in layer manager, since
currently only modules available during compilation (using generated
XML) and modules in .grass7/addons (using g.extension -a) are added to
this tree.