[GRASS-dev] GSOC Horizon Based Voxel Interpolation Wk 5 checkin

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 21 06:36:11 PDT 2013

Hi Tim,

On 07/20/2013 01:10 AM, Tim Bailey wrote:
> This week I worked on the voronoi operator. Also I have been working on
> a few vector pre-processing procedures, that will end up as options for
> the module. One of them extends horizon interval vectors to the limit of
> the computational region to limit the influence of the highest and
> lowest data.

We haven't discussed last week's thoughts and
ideas too much on this list, and the midterm report
will be due soon.

So I hope you fully realise the limitations of an
"interpolate 2D slices and stack them into a 3D
volume" approach. Its results will divert
from those of a true 3D interpolator that works
in voxel space.

> Next week I will continue to work on the voronoi operator and put
> examples and the workflows up on the wiki. One thing that has been
> blocking me has been the visualization tools for volumes. m.nviz.image
> seems to work fine but the 3d view in the Map display is not working
> correctly. I did an svn update to see if that improved things.

If you have trouble with NVIZ, then you can use
r3.out.vtk to export your voxel data to VTK and
load that into a VTK-based view (e.g. ParaView).
Use r.out.vtk, v.out.vtk, accordingly.

Best,

Ben