[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.3 release planning

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 26 00:47:33 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

>> since on the 24th we are +2 weeks since RC4 without any major bugs being
>> reported I think we are ok to release any time now. I don't know about
>> anyone else but I can't say I've really tested rc4 very much beyond
>> making sure the debian package building still works. too busy :-/
>>

>> Luca:
>>> we are so close to 30 July that we could wait a week and release
>>> in the same day of his born :-)

ok.
however, we need to internally release before to get the
binaries ready (a strategy adopted since some releases).

>> It would be a nice little something for the release announcement too. :)
> please Hamish start it.... you could use some pad

He did in SVN.

>> Also MarkusN's "visual changelog" idea is nice, the trac news items for
>> the earlier RCs should give some ideas. anyone like to start on

I have merged all RC news into the final (draft) announcement.
Please check in trac.

>> screenshots for that?

Yes, please provide some catchy screenshots!

>> maybe host/compose in the more thumbnail-
>> friendly/prettier grass mediawiki?

Not surwe what that means? Please explain...

> markus we could also create a video like this
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=suyDqmGXoWk

Done. I have recalculated the entire thing with camera tracking and
more It is a 11GB MP$ file, 10min duration. It looks pretty nice. I
have uploaded it to youtube, yet hidden, though.
Audio (free music) would be great but I have no competence/time to add that.

Markus