[GRASS-dev] i.segment: invalid region id 0

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jul 26 06:41:25 PDT 2013

On 26/07/13 15:17, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 of July 2013 12:56:58 Nikos Alexandris wrote:
>> In any case, if wanted, I will try during the weekend to replicate a Huge
>> region, as the one Moritz tested with a "rational" threshold (close to
>> zero).
>
> I couldn't make it -- my machine was under some sort of heavy reconstruction
> during the last weekend.  Is this still of interest?  Let a machine to chew-up
> a big region with i.segment?

Markus and I have been busy testing in the last weeks and thanks to
Markus' rapid reaction in correcting some bugs, we've been able to
segment an image with 555,727,911 non-null cells in a region with
2,617,375,744 total cells. Markus' machine did this in just 15 hours !
On mine it took much longer, but this is probably in large parts due to
a software raid 5 that makes disk io really slow.

Moritz