[GRASS-dev] compilation error GRASS 7.0

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 03:12:40 PDT 2013

Paulo wrote:

>>  Hi, in the last few revisions (including the latest, v57276), I am
>>  getting an error when compiling from source. The error seems to lie in
>>  the v.krige script, running make gives the following error:
..
>>  Running make in the v.krige folder and then rerun make on the main
>>  folder solves the problem but I though I report it anyway.

Moritz:
> I can confirm this. I'll run the build process again to get a log.

Hi,

the trouble is known, the reason is that gui/wxpython/scripts/vkridge.py gets
run at build time (either to get translation strings or check syntax, I'm not
sure which), and it includes $GISBASE/etc/gui/wxpython into the PYTHONPATH.
But it gets run before that exists and you get an error. Run it again later
after that exists and it's fine. I think the solution is just a minor tweak
to the parent Makefile so that it knows what dependency needs to be built
first. Or migrate it into gui/wxpython/modules/ with the others, vkridge.py
is alone in scripts/. Another approach would be to add another try,except
into the python script and sys.exit() if it fails, as is done a few lines away.

[the above is from memory & educated guessing from when I first saw it in the
ubuntu ppa failed nightly build report; may not be entirely accurate]

Hamish