[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2048: i.pansharpen limited to 8-bit imagery

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 31 17:23:37 PDT 2013

#2048: i.pansharpen limited to 8-bit imagery
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----
 Reporter:  nikosa                                                     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                                     |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  All                                                        |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----

Comment(by nikosa):

 Replying to [comment:1 cmbarton]:
 > The question is whether the histogram matching code can handle
 resolutions of >8 bit.

 Michael,  for viewing purposes we all agree (don't we?) that 8-bit per
 "channel" is more than enough. For analysis, my guess is that it would be
 interesting to have the "fine digits" preserved.  But, with the histogram
 matching on the way, I don't know really if and at what extent the data
 are irreparably re-touched.

 Anyway,

 did you folks notice that this ticket #2048 just hit the upper... 2^11
 limit? :D

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2048#comment:17>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>