[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 crashes on startup on Mac

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Mon Jun 10 14:21:47 PDT 2013

I just installed wxPython 2.9.0.4 for Python 2.6 (for backward compatibility with Snow Leopard). It razed an error on configuration. In checking, here is what I get.

/usr/local/lib/wxPython-2.9.4.0/bin/wx-config --list

    Default config is osx_carbon-unicode-2.9

          No config found to match: /usr/local/lib/wxPython-2.9.4.0/bin/wx-config --list
          in /usr/local/lib/wxPython-2.9.4.0/lib/wx/config

          Please install the desired library build, or specify a different
          prefix where it may be found.  If the library is not installed
          you may call its wx-config directly by specifying its full path.

  Also available in /usr/local/lib/wxPython-2.9.4.0:
    osx_carbon-unicode-2.9

Any idea what is wrong?

MUST I use wxPython 2.9 ONLY with Python 2.7??? That means no more Snow Leopard compatibility.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: 	http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
		http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton