[GRASS-dev] GSoC Project: Temporal Algebra for GRASS

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Jun 13 07:55:44 PDT 2013

Hi Sören and Thomas

The last few days I explored a little bit the possibilities of the temporal GIS framework in GRASS 7.
I have to say, that I already now love it though I just have touched the surface of it possibilities!!! All who contributed to this development, thank you very much, you really did an amazing job! And I am really looking forward to the forthcoming improvements in the GSoC 2013 project!

The way I acquainted myself with the concept of the new tools was through Sörens presentation at the geostats course. What I would found really valuable would be a collection of more "real life examples", where and how the tools are used in practice and for different purposes. Is there already a wiki page (which I am not aware of) with examples like how to calculate Growing Degree Days, Drought periods (in the context of climate data) and stuff like that?

Cheers
Stefan