[GRASS-dev] spline interpolation over time series

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 13:44:35 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Margherita Di Leo
> <dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for all your inputs. Actually what I should do is not a proper
> > interpolation but a regression
>
> That sounds like r.series (one time series) or r.regression.series
> (regression of two time series).

Some results (average, min and max) I can get already using r.series. The
remaining expected results imply the application of a spline regression
over the time series generated by each pixel, and the individuation of the
quantiles calculated over such a regression. The expected results would be:
a raster map with the values (in each pixel) corresponding to the 25%
quantile, a map for the 50% quantile and a map for 75% quantile
(corresponding to spline regression).

--
Best regards,

Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.