[GRASS-dev] Makefile arguments for OpenCL (r.sun)

Yann Chemin ychemin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 16:43:35 PDT 2013

On 25 June 2013 02:17, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yann wrote:
>
>> I am (finally) working a bit on r.sun OpenCL version.
>>
>> On the computer I use, I could get through compiling it with:
>>
>> -----
>> MODULE_TOPDIR = ../..
>>
>> PGM = r.sun
>>
>> LIBES = $(GPROJLIB) $(RASTERLIB) $(GISLIB) $(MATHLIB) $(PROJLIB)
>> -lOpenCL -Wall -W -g -p -O2
>> DEPENDENCIES = $(GPROJDEP) $(RASTERDEP) $(GISDEP)
>> EXTRA_INC = $(PROJINC) -Wall -O2 -W -g -p -I/opt/cuda/include
>>
>> include $(MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Module.make
>>
>> default: cmd
>> -----
>>
>> Seth Makefile had already "-lOpenCL -Wall -W -g -p -O2" in LIBES
>>
>> Had to add "-I/opt/cuda/include" for some reason the GRASS configure
>> was positive in finding it, surely missing something here...
>

> trunk$ ./configure --help
>   --with-opencl           support OpenCL functionality (default: no)
>   --with-opencl-includes=DIRS
>                           OpenCL include files are in DIRS
>   --with-opencl-libs=DIRS OpenCL library files are in DIRS
>
> what did your ./configure look like? what linux distro + version?
> what kind of video card? (I take it nVidia of some version based on
> the /opt/cuda)  How much RAM does your video card have? Does it
> support double precision FP for the GPU?
>
> note CUDA SDK != OpenCL SDK, but nVidia's proprietary driver on
> Linux ships with OpenCL support files by default AFAIK.
>
> On Linux, it is looking for the include file CL/cl.h. For me on an
> ubuntu system with the nVidia proprietary driver, that is at
>   /usr/include/nvidia-current/CL/cl.h
>
> Additionally, on Linux ./configure is looking for libOpenCL, for me
> that is at /usr/lib/nvidia-current/libOpenCL.so with symlinks
> back into /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so. (I may have made that symlink by
> hand, can't remember)
>
> note the r.sun OpenCL code has not been merged from Seth's repo yet,
> only the build support is in place so far. But it should make it
> easier to experiement with.
>

> regards,
> Hamish

Hi Hamish,

Machine is hosted as a GPU cluster, NVIDIA 4.1 (OpenCL is there), Tesla GPU.

Configure was with:
--with-opencl --with-opencl-includes=/opt/cuda/include

so all good, but the libs (will add that), but does not help the
include not found (-I/usr/cuda/include in Makefile...), on this
machine it is CL/opencl.h

Will take all your suggestions and look into it,
Thanks,
Yann

--
----