[GRASS-dev] compilation of grass on AIX 7.1

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jun 28 12:09:23 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> How to tell GRASS 7 in configure to pick up the  /opt/freeware/ include file and
>> library?
>
> In general, you can use some influential environment variables:
>   CFLAGS      C compiler flags
>   LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
>               nonstandard directory <lib dir>
>   LIBS        libraries to pass to the linker, e.g. -l<library>
>   CPPFLAGS    (Objective) C/C++ preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if
>               you have headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
>
> If some components are in non-standard /opt/freeware/, you could try to set
>
> LDFLAGS="-bsvr4 -R/opt/freeware/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/freeware/include"

Not on AIX it seems...:

checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -bsvr4 -R/opt/freeware/lib) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

cat config.log
configure:754: checking host system type
configure:777: checking for gcc
configure:881: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -bsvr4
-R/opt/freeware/lib) works
configure:897: gcc -o conftest  -I/opt/freeware/include -bsvr4
-R/opt/freeware/lib conftest.c  1>&5
gcc: error: unrecognized option '-bsvr4'
gcc: error: unrecognized option '-R'

Sigh :-)

markusN