[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (vcredist)?

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Jun 30 04:31:03 PDT 2013

#1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++  Redistributable Package
(vcredist)?
 Reporter:  dhastings     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64        |

Comment(by hamish):

 Replying to [comment:68 hellik]:
 (http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/msvcrt/):

 > msvcrt-1.0.1-7.tar.bz2 -> msvcrt-1.0.1-8.tar.bz2
 >
 > comparison of the content:
 > should we also update the winGRASS-installer-script?

 I'm trying to play spot-the-difference with those two lists, but I'm not
 seeing any. Is there any changelog with the package, or do we know who
 made the change? (perhaps part of the osgeo4w GSoC student's improved
 license-handling work?)

 For my 2c I'd stick with the known-working version of everything for the
 pending release, unless we know that the new version fixes some serious
 bug in coding or legal issue.

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1428#comment:69>