[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 wish: Keyword index

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 8 03:13:30 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/3/7 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>> Hi,
>>

> Hi Markus,
>
>> similar to the "topics" index:
>> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/topics.html
>>
>> I would like to see a "Keywords" index in GRASS 7 which lists *all*
>> keywords alphabetically along with the related modules, like (with
>> clickable links of course):
>>

> what should be the difference with topics?

It is completely different.

The resulting 1 page should look like this:

* aggregation: r.reclass.area, v.neighbors
* allocation: v.net.alloc
* area: r.surf.area, v.centroids, v.dissolve
* ...
* random: r.random, v.random, v.sample
* ...
* sampling: d.where, r.random.cells, r.random, t.sample,
t.vect.observe.strds, t.vect.what.strds, v.drape, v.random, v.sample,
v.what.rast3, v.what.rast, v.what.vect
* ...

So, the script needs to scan all modules for their keywords and then
create a page which relates the keywords to module names.
Hope this clarifies the idea. At time we cannot easily look up which
modules offer a certain functionality.

ciao
Markus