[GRASS-dev] releasing 6.4.3

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Mar 10 13:49:42 PDT 2013

>Just guessing around: what if we "wget" dump all these msvcpXYZ.dll
>files into the lib/ directory? If it comes first in the DLL path, it may
>not conflict with any system DLLs?

good point.

AFAIK the msvcrt runtimes are delivered as exe/msi by ms and should be
installed,

e.g. see http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

so just dropping the dll may be not enough?

but have a look in http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/msvcrt/

e.g. the content of msvcrt-1.0.1-7.tar.bz2 is

dllupdate.exe
log.txt
msvcp60.dll
msvcp70.dll
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
msvcrt.dll
o4w_env.bat
textreplace.exe
vcredist_2005_x86.exe
vcredist_2008_x86.exe
vcredist_2010_x86.exe
xxmklink.exe

if we know that installing vcredist_2010_x86.exe would be enough, it should
be doable by the nsis-wingrass-installer...

-----
best regards
Helmut