[GRASS-dev] devbr6

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Mar 10 13:51:24 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Comment(by martinl):
>> The result will the same. Please bear in mind, that you are
>>  probably only one from devs who really wants to keep `develbranch_6` alive.
>
> I'm not into making threats or big ego shows so I'll just say the way it is. I see my long term
> role with GRASS as gardening the stable branch, making sure bug fixes get implemented,
> tested, & sync'd, etc.

The latter doesn't seem to happen too much (and as mentioned, in the
past years I made *several* full comparisons with the respective
backports of which I am getting tired):

[neteler at north ~]$ diff -ru --exclude=".svn" --exclude="*.html"
--exclude="*.po" grass64_release grass65_release >
grass64_release.grass65_release.diff

[neteler at north ~]$ grep 'diff -ru ' grass64_release.grass65_release.diff | wc -l
425

grep 'diff -ru ' grass64_release.grass65_release.diff | cut -d' ' -f7
| cut -d'/' -f2- > grass64.grass65.diff.filelist.txt
-> attached

Quite a few differences... I wonder who will backport the relevant fixes.

Markus