[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (vcredist)?

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 11 01:24:12 PDT 2013

#1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++  Redistributable Package
(vcredist)?
 Reporter:  dhastings     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64        |

Comment(by hellik):

 Replying to [comment:38 hellik]:
 > Replying to [comment:36 hamish]:
 > > note missing MSCVP100.dll documented in #1877, which may be a new one
 not in the dll pack from gdal.org/tmp/ from a couple of years ago.

 > > see also #1709.
 > >

 > if we now arrived at needed Visual C++ 2010 runtimes, maybe this could
 be a hint for how to detect by the nsis-standalone installer?

 > http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2010/05/05/10008146.aspx
 >

 > {{{
 > Unlike the Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 redistributable packages, there are
 registry keys that can be used to detect the presence of the Visual C++
 2010 redistributable package.

 for the record some interesting notes from the dev-ML:

 http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-March/062459.html

 ''[...]
 Realistically speaking, it will take a few more
 weeks for me to complete and test the build chain.
 We plan to release the resulting binaries with
 gvSIG CE 1.0 (which will ship with GRASS 6.4.3 as
 a geoprocessing backend). From that point forward,
 i.e. GRASS 6.4.4, it might be feasible to base GRASS
 Windows releases on the gvSIG CE build chain:
 no more pesky VC runtime DLLs!

 Also, in case you are not using it yet:
 "Dependency Walker" is really helpful for
 locating DLL-related problems.
 ''

 Helmut

--