[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (vcredist)?

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 11 05:36:53 PDT 2013

#1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++  Redistributable Package
(vcredist)?
 Reporter:  dhastings     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64        |

Comment(by mmetz):

 Replying to [comment:35 hamish]:
 > This hasn't gone away and it can't be ignored -- it's a blocker because
 it's a license violation to ship non-GPL libraries alongside grass
 binaries. The MS redistributable dlls must be presented by the nsi
 installer as independent system libraries. It should be pretty easy, just
 add an extra "do you want to install these system libraries* from
 Microsoft?" page in the wingrass install wizard. To be totally clear, it
 should then download them from the internet the same way that the sample
 datasets get downloaded.

 How about downloading the latest package from

 http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/msvcrt/

 upon user request?

 The latest msvcrt still needs to be included by the osgeo4w packagers,
 though.

 Markus M

 > Bonus points for figuring out the regedit key to see if they're already
 registered, but lacking that just plonking them in the grass binary extras
 dir as we do now should be better than nothing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1428#comment:40>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>