[GRASS-dev] g.region adjust region bounds using meter in lat/lon location

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Mar 11 11:54:34 PDT 2013

Dear all

In a lat/lon-location, how could I possibly adjust region bounds based on a
given distance in meter.
In projected locations for example e=e+1000 s=s-1000 is a handy way doing
it.
But in a lat/lon-location bounds are given in Deg or DMS as a unit.
Are here any GRASS (or other OSGeo) tools I could use for calculating the
new region bounds in deg using a fixed distance around the old region or for
calculating the new bounds in a  e=e(deg)+1000(m) kind of way?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Stefan