[GRASS-dev] what reference for i.segment ?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 12 09:39:42 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 of March 2013 16:38:17 Yann Chemin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I am making a poster and would like to give a reference to i.segment module.
>>
>> Is there anything written I can use for it?
>

> I am also interested in a "correct" reference. Informing someone about it, I
> wrote to him the following:

I would certainly include the author(s) and year to make it a complete citation.
And mention GRASS GIS as well.

Maybe something like this ?

Momsen, E., Metz, M. 2012: i.segment. Addon for Geographic Resources
Analysis Support System (GRASS GIS) Software, Version 7.
http://grass.osgeo.org

I agree with Moritz that we should have a "suggested citation" section in each
manual page.

Markus