[GRASS-dev] what reference for i.segment ?

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 10:27:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Nikos Alexandris
> <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 12 of March 2013 16:38:17 Yann Chemin wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am making a poster and would like to give a reference to i.segment module.
>>>
>>> Is there anything written I can use for it?
>>

>> I am also interested in a "correct" reference. Informing someone about it, I
>> wrote to him the following:
>
> I would certainly include the author(s) and year to make it a complete citation.
> And mention GRASS GIS as well.
>
> Maybe something like this ?
>
> Momsen, E., Metz, M. 2012: i.segment. Addon for Geographic Resources
> Analysis Support System (GRASS GIS) Software, Version 7.
> http://grass.osgeo.org
>
> I agree with Moritz that we should have a "suggested citation" section in each
> manual page.

just reminding that there is already a wiki page for this [1].
Probably there should be some universal citation which can be used for
any module. It would be nice to have the citation generated
automatically in the manual page, but the authors are not listed in a
standardized way.

Anna

[1] http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Citation_Repository