[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-PSC] Grass7 tech-preview release [was Re: [GRASS-user] to move or not move ? grass64 <- ? -> 7.0]

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:38:37 PDT 2013

Hi,

2013/3/19 Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com>:
> It seems to be a good idea.
> However, i have to apply the 3D raster patch[1] then as soon as
> possible to get the voxel stuff working with large data. But this will
> bring the risk of losing backward compatibility .... .

this will happen time by time... We have two options:

1) start releasing tech-previews later
2) start releasing tech-previews earlier with risk of breaking
<whatever you can imagine>

> Please exclude the temporal GIS stuff in the tech-preview 7.0 release,
> since so many manual pages are still missing.

Hm, there will be more unstable or non-documented areas in GRASS 7.
Excluding them from tech-previewes will be extra work for packagers
and the benefit will be debatable.

Martin