[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] minimal wxPython version

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 05:31:11 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Newcomb, Doug <doug_newcomb at fws.gov> wrote:
> By at least, do you mean looking at 2.6, 2.7 or 3.0 as well?

+1 for python 2.6 that it is the default version in debian stable [0]...

Moreover, the Python 2.6 [1] added compatibility functions in a
future_builtins module and a -3 switch to warn about usages that will
become unsupported in 3.0...
Therefore if we require python2.6, we can start to think about
cleaning the python code and start to use the "future_builtins"
modules.

Concerning GRASS and python 3.X, I think that the biggest problem is
the WxPython, at the moment only the develop version Phoneix[2] it is
working with python 3.

Pietro

[0] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/python
[1] http://docs.python.org/release/2.6.4/whatsnew/2.6.html