[GRASS-dev] Using "trac" is difficult

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:11:19 PDT 2013

Hi Nikos,

I can understand that it is not easy to know that you can use
trac-wiki formatting. I've tried open new ticked and you have to go
through one other article to get to the WikiFormatting page:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/newticket
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/TracTickets
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/WikiFormatting

The WikiFormatting link is only in the "Add comment".

The problem is that  I've recently discovered that it is possible to
highlight code, what a nice feature!

BTW, I'm not able to find "edit a ticket", although I think that it is
possible. (There are some projects which don't want to change original
ticket descriptions.)

On 20 March 2013 15:59, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> Martin Landa wrote:
>> 2013/3/20 Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>:
>> > I feel that trac makes it difficult (for me) to write and structure the
>> > text for a ticket.  I am forced to manually enter [[BR]] to break lines!
>>
>> putting extra empty line do the job for me. For preformatted text use
>> `` (one line) or {{{ }}}.
>>
>> Check the help page [1] ;-)
> ..
>> [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/WikiFormatting
>
> Indeed, but I still  don't find it very convenient.  I should put a new line
> for all of the following then:
>
> [1]  http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mount/Projects/ISODATA/
> [2]
> http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//009z000000pn000000.htm
> [3]
> http://geospatial.intergraph.com/fieldguide/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm
> [4]
> http://www.exelisvis.com/portals/0/tutorials/envi/ClassificationTutorial.pdf
> [5]  http://www.pcigeomatics.com/products/pdfs/Geomatica_Core_1032.pdf
> [6]  http://www.clarklabs.org/products/upload/IDRISI-Selva-GIS-Image-
> Processing-Specifications.pdf
> [7]  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/biOps/index.html
> [8]  http://www.opticks.org

Not sure what is the proper way to do references. May be just the numbered list
1. Item 1
1. Item 2
or with explicit numbers. [ and ] with number creates a link to a ticked.

> and after each "# comment" when posting code

{{{
# some function
def my_code(here):
    pass
}}}
should help.

> ?
>
> Example of my *very ugly looking* ticket:
> <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1906>
>
> and Markus' 1st reply on it as well.
>
> It seems the bullet-ed-list  (*) is lost?

If I remember correctly, it is and there is no way how to preserve it.
The only way is to use Preview.

Vaclav