[GRASS-dev] Fwd: r.fuzzy.sytem rule file syntax error

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Wed May 8 02:43:53 PDT 2013

Hi Jarek,

attached there is a test.rul and a test.map that works on the spearfish
dataset (elevation and slope map) and produces the same error like before
in my own example.

Here the code that I ran in GRASS65:

#First I copied the elevation map (to get rid of the dot "." in the map
name)
g.copy rast=elevation.10m at PERMANENT,elevation

#Then I simply ran the fuzzy system
r.fuzzy.system --overwrite maps=/path/to/test.map rules=/path/to/test.rul
family=Zadeh defuz=bisector imp=minimum res=100 output=test_out

# and the error:
ERROR: line 2 Syntax error 3 near < &>

In the rules files you can also use the rules provided in the email before,
you just need to replace depth by slope and velocity by elevation.

To me the problem seems to be located when the tool tries to disentangle
the rules-string into single rules and that might interfere with the
location of the parentheses (although they are locically set in a correct
way).

Thank you for working on that! I really like that tool and if working we
will apply it in the field of fish ecology.

Best regards,
Johannes

PS: I also added the grass-dev list as this might be interesting to others
as well.