[GRASS-dev] grass7 - mac osx- 64bit python

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Mon May 20 12:39:45 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM, epi <massimodisasha at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks Anna!
>
> that's my bathymetry
>
> http://geofemengineering.it//data/nviz_mac_wx-29_cocoa.png
>

> I tried to changing resolution, use the slope map as color, light settings
> and other tools , everything was working properly :)
>

> few question :
>
> is it possible to "unlock" the layer manager and the map display so that
> when i move the layer manager the map window doesn't move with it ?

this behavior is only on Mac. Do also other multiple-window applications
behave this way (like gimp)?

> an important bug:
>
> i was looking for possible options in the preference settings to unlock
> the movement of mapdispaly when the layer manager is mived,
> but i had to force quit the gui every time i tried to do something in that
> panel
>
> when i click on "apply" in the console i have :
> Settings applied to current session but not saved
>
> then the gui is no more responsive and i forced it to quit

it is working for me. I have no idea and probably debug messages won't help
much. You could put some print statements in the code to localize more the
problem (starting at gui_core/preferences.py).

> .. will  be nice to be able to set the transparence for the fringe panels
> :)

I see

> i'll try to export the verbose debug ant test again all the other widgets.

thanks again.

BTW, Michael Barton has had recently problem to start grass 7 wxGUI due to
new (a few weeks ago) toolboxes system (for menu customization). You
doesn't seem to have any problem, is that right?

Anna