[GRASS-dev] wxGUI GRASS 7: how to drape a map over a DEM?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun May 26 01:56:16 PDT 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Indeed, I am surprised (extra unrelated issue) that flowacc has this
> range:
>
> r.univar flowacc
>  100%
> total null and non-null cells: 525000
> total null cells: 0
>
> Of the non-null cells:
> ----------------------
> n: 525000
> minimum: -253898
> maximum: 15278.2

Why is this a surprise?

Note that "The absolute value of each cell in this output map layer is
the amount of overland flow that traverses the cell. This value will
be the number of upland cells plus one [...]. Negative numbers
indicate that those cells possibly have surface runoff from outside of
the current geographic region. Thus, any cells with negative values
cannot have their surface runoff and sedimentation yields calculated
accurately."

Markus M