[GRASS-dev] use G_find_raster2() instead of G_find_raster()

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 02:35:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

2013/11/1 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:
>> But I'm not able to decide on which occasion I want which function.
>> Someday, I can try to call both functions with different map/mapset
>> combinations but reading from manual would be more effective.
>
> Please use G_find_raster2() always (similarly for the other G_find_*
> functions). G_find_raster() exists for backward compatibility only.
> Having it modify the map name in-place has been the source of
> countless bugs.

it would be probably better to replace G_find_raster() by
G_find_raster2() in G7. Any objections?

Current situation is apparently confusing for many of GRASS
programmers. Keeping backward compatibility between G6 (where
G_find_<maptype>2() have been introduced) and G7 is not necessary in
this case I would say.

[...]

Martin