[GRASS-dev] /lib/gis/area_poly1.c: algorithm poorly described, new comments for consideration please

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Nov 3 01:00:23 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Richard Roger
<Richard.Roger at water.nsw.gov.au> wrote:
> Dear Dev list,
>
> I hope this is the correct place to post a request for an update to two
> comments in /lib/gis/area_poly1.c, and replace it with something more
> informative.
>
> My remarks are based on reading /lib/gis/area_poly1.c from
> grass-7.0.svn_src_snapshot_2013_07_13.

... I think that his suggestions deserve a feedback, anyone of the
grass devs knowledgeable with G_begin_ellipsoid_polygon_area()?

http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/area__poly1_8c.html#af52f0fa89a16da07922081ecc1e18c76

( See also
  http://qgis.org/api/2.0/qgsdistancearea_8cpp_source.html
  line 723 and later)