[GRASS-dev] modifying the dblink it require to re-build the topology

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 09:03:34 PST 2013

Hi all,

I want to add a new layer to an existing vector map. I've noticed that
if I try to open a vector map with topology in read mode, I got the
following warning:

WARNING: Unable to add attribute link, vector map is not opened in WRITE mode

If I open the vector map, with and without the topology, in read and
write mode it works, but after I need to re-build the topology... that
it is quite annoying because I did not touch the geometry features...
What it is the best way If I have only to modify the dblinks [0] of an
existing vector map?

And what happens to the categories? should I rewrite the categories to
link the new layer with the geometry features? Or if not define the
geometry features inherit the categories from the previous layer?

Best regards

Pietro

[0] http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/structdblinks.html