[GRASS-dev] Implementation of the High Pass Filter Additive Fusion technique (i.fusion.hpf)

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Nov 15 16:14:19 PST 2013

I agree that it would be best to have all pan sharpening algorithms together if possible. New ones should be addable as new classes or methods in the existing module. Note that I did employ parallel processing to the extent possible. It might be possible to apply this kind of processing to other sharpening algorithms.

Michael
______________________________
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www:  http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

On Nov 15, 2013, at 8:20 AM, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net<mailto:nik at nikosalexandris.net>> wrote:

Moritz Lennert wrote:
..
> I just did a quick test:

> pan in:
> mean: 31.813
> standard deviation: 3.75447
>
> ms in:
> mean: 15.2307
> standard deviation: 3.55858
>
> pan out:
> mean: 15.6117
> standard deviation: 3.23408

> So for this example, mean seems to have been adjusted, but stddev not.

Thanks. Looks not to be the exact same here too.

> > > Yes. I think that if we have a generic module such as i.pansharpen, it
> > > would be preferable to have all pansharpening methods in that one
> > > module.

> > There is one "difference" in that HPFA treats all bands to be sharpened
> > separately. And, in this manner, it can be (mis-)used to sharpen any
> > low-res band. For example, WorldView-2 products have 8 multi-spectral
> > bands. Hence the "not red= green= blue=" design so far from my side.

> i.pansharpen does not imply rgb either (although the description of the
> ms* parameters does suggest that. You can obviously use any ms bands you
> want.

Yes, I know. I just wanted to avoid this r= g= b= logic. Maybe I am wrong and perhaps it is better, indeed, to follow the common path.