[GRASS-dev] i.pca doesn't have the '--o' flag

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 17:48:18 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On the contrary: r.lake offers two overwrite flags :p

r.lake has:

-o   Overwrite seed map with result (lake) map

which is distinct from

--o   Allow output files to overwrite existing files

I think that -o just overwrites input seed map by result. While --o
specifies that existing map specified by `lake` can be overwritten.
However, -o should be accepted only when --o is provided (not tested).
Moreover, it seems that -o and --o are confusing.

I actually wanted to change r.lake parameters and flags to be more standard.

xy -> G_OPT_M_COORDS
wl -> water_level
lake -> output?
elevation -> input?
-o -> ?

But I stopped at -o because it might need some larger changes. lake/output
option is not required because of the possibility of overwriting seed
raster input map. Interesting option, but it creates confusion. It is
needed? Maybe.

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/r.lake.html
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.lake.series/r.lake.series.py