[GRASS-dev] Exporting maps as multilayer GeoTIFF - layer limit?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Nov 24 15:33:10 PST 2013

Hi,

I struggle to export a time series as multilayer GeoTIFF: it stops at layer 145.
I have generated a time series with 365 maps and added all into a
group. Exporting that in order to export as multilayer GeoTIFF, it
fails:

GRASS 7.0.svn (nc_spm_08):~ > r.out.gdal ...
 100%
 100%
 100%
Exporting raster data to GTiff format...
ERROR 6: SetColorTable() not supported for multi-sample TIFF files.
 100%
ERROR: Unable to open input file
       </home/neteler/grassdata/nc_spm_08/user1/cell_misc/testmap.145/f_format>

Where is the trick? I have added a small script to generate a
synthetic time series for debugging.

If it matters:
GRASS 7.0.svn (nc_spm_08):~ > ulimit
unlimited

It happens in a different location as well with my original dataset.

Hints welcome,
Markus