[GRASS-dev] Aborted (core dumped), during v.build

Pietro Zambelli peter.zamb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 15:49:13 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a segment map into a vector map, I'm using GRASS7 (r58321), but I got:

G70> r.to.vect --o --v input=seg_0.05_final at pietro output=seg005 type=area
WARNING: Vector map <seg005> already exists and will be overwritten
Using native format
Extracting areas...
 100%
Writing areas...
 100%
Building topology for vector map <seg005 at pietro>...
Registering primitives...
Unexpected error.
Aborted (core dumped)

G70> v.info map=seg005
WARNING: Coor file of vector map <seg005 at pietro> is larger than it should
         be (3198718980 bytes excess)
 | Name:            seg005                                                    |
 | Mapset:          pietro                                                    |
 | Location:        combabula                                                 |
 | Database:        /home/pietro                                              |
 | Title:                                                                     |
 | Map scale:       1:1                                                       |
 | Name of creator: pietro                                                    |
 | Source date:     Thu Nov 28 20:55:18 2013                                  |
 | Timestamp (first layer): none                                              |
 | Map format:      native                                                    |
 |   Type of map: vector (level: 1)                                           |
 |   Number of points:       0               Number of centroids:  5970928    |
 |   Number of lines:        0               Number of boundaries: 16325866   |
 |   Number of areas:        0               Number of islands:    0          |
 |   Map is 3D:              No                                               |
 |   Number of dblinks:      1                                                |
 |   Projection: UTM (zone invalid)                                           |
 |               N:  7104206.80119541    S:   7089186.6842956                 |
 |               E:    759827.4950082    W:   745280.94984459                 |
 |   Digitization threshold: 0                                                |
 |   Comment:                                                                 |

the problem raise when I try to build the topography, running v.build I got:

G70> v.build map=seg005 --v
WARNING: Coor file of vector map <seg005 at pietro> is larger than it should
         be (3198718980 bytes excess)
Building topology for vector map <seg005 at pietro>...
Registering primitives...
22296794 primitives registered
189966723 vertices registered
Building areas...
Unexpected error.
Aborted (core dumped)

What it is wrong and how to fix it? Any ideas?

Best regards

Pietro