[GRASS-dev] (no subject)

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 13:37:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

in the ticket #1778 Glynn [1] says that:

it would be nice if we could train users to use that so that we can remove
the argv[1]=="help" check; although "help" isn't likely to be particularly
common as an option value, I dislike having special cases on principle

But in the manual pages, there is only a `help` and nothing about `--help`
(e.g. [2]). If the majority shares an opinion that `--help` is preferred
over `help` than we should change this in the manual pages generation.

I agree that `--help` is more standard but I use `help` because no shorter
option (such as -h or ?) is available.

Vaclav

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1778#comment:26
[2] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/r.composite.html