[GRASS-dev] i.pansharpen and Landsat 8

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Oct 23 01:28:20 PDT 2013

On Wednesday 23 of October 2013 13:39:59 Yann Chemin wrote:

> Using L8 with i.pansharpen gives nodata output, is it assuming 8-bit
> datasets?

Bonjour Yann.

So far all of my tests (using Landsat5, Landsat7, IKONOS, QuickBird2 and
WorldView2 imagery) indicate that you _need_ to feed the module with 8-bit
data.

For your interest, there is also a related ticket:
<https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2048>.

My small research on it as an answer in a related question over at GIS at SE:
<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/39174/how-to-color-balance-false-composites-of-pan-sharpened-landsat-images-in-grass/67319#67319>.

So you better rescale, optinally color-balance before sharpening, sharpen and,
probably color-rebalance after sharpening.

Best, Nikos